I-35 Notice: Permanent Ramp and Bridge Removal Starting Sunday Night
For updated information about the Texas Department of Transportation’s Waco I-35 project and to sign up for email and text alerts about construction and travel delays, visit TxDOT’s project website at www.My35.org/Waco. Follow TxDOT’s Twitter account, @TxDOTWacoPIO, for real-time travel information on I-35 through Central Texas. Call or text 254-313-WACO (9226) to speak with a construction team member. BE ALERT & STAY WORK ZONE SAFE.
WACO, Texas (May 10, 2019) – Beginning Sunday night, May 12, construction crews will begin the permanent closure of two direct-access ramps between Interstate 35 and Business 77. In addition, on Monday, crews will permanently close the 11th/12th Streets bridge that crosses over I-35.
From the Texas Department of Transportation:
BUS 77 Direct Connects
• At 10 p.m. Sunday, May 12, the ramps directly connecting BUS 77 to I-35 will be permanently closed.
• Crews will begin to remove the first ramp from southbound BUS 77 to southbound I-35, beginning at 10 a.m. Monday. This work will continue for approximately two weeks with intermittent I-35 and BUS 77 frontage road lane closures.
11th/12th Streets Bridge
• On Monday, May 13, the 11th/12th Streets bridge will be permanently closed.
• The closure will initially affect only the cross-traffic over the bridge. Traffic will use the crossings at 17th/18th Streets to the south, or the crossing at 4th/5th Streets to the north.
• Toward the end of construction, I-35 will be converted into an overpass with 11th/12th Streets crossing underneath.
Please note, schedules and activities are subject to change due to weather or field conditions.