This Week (6/13-17/2022): Overnight Road Work by Campus
WACO, Texas (June 13, 2022) - Two construction projects will impact evening and overnight traffic by the Baylor Waco campus this week.
Beginning at 7 p.m. tonight (Monday, June 13), construction crews will begin a storm drain project by the Hurd Welcome Center.
- This work will impact University Parks Drive from the northbound frontage road to the corner of Dutton Avenue.
- During evening/overnight hours only, traffic will be reduced to one lane from Monday, June 13, to Friday, June 17.
- Flag operators will be in place to control traffic flow. This project will not impede daytime traffic. Please use caution when driving through the area.
As part of I-35 construction, TxDOT plans an overnight closure of the northbound exit for 5th/4th Streets and University Parks (Exit 335A) to continue work to pave the northbound frontage road.
- Crews plan to close the exit nightly from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday, June 13, to Friday, June 17.
- Drivers will be directed to use the exit for 18th-17th Streets (Exit 334A). Signage will be in place to inform and direct drivers.
Schedules are dependent on weather, field conditions and work progress. Plan ahead and visit waco4bmap.org, for real-time traffic and pedestrian crossing information on I-35 through Waco. Follow @TxDOTWaco on Twitter for the most current updates on construction activities and lane closures.