Traffic Shift on University Parks Drive
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO: Check real-time traffic conditions on I-35 through Waco at https://waco4bmap.org and follow @TxDOTWacoPIO on Twitter for up-to-date lane closure and construction information. Sign up for TxDOT email and text alerts at www.My35.org/Waco.
WACO, Texas (Aug. 13, 2019) - As work continues on the southbound I-35 frontage road, I-35 construction crews have shifted the traffic pattern under the overpass on University Parks Drive. This work is expected to last about a month.
- Eastbound traffic on University Parks Drive has shifted to a single lane on the westbound side of the road from Robinson Tower to Dutton Avenue, where it then shifts back to the regular eastbound lanes of University Parks Drive.
- Westbound traffic on University Parks Drive has been reduced to two lanes from Dutton Avenue to Robinson Tower to accommodate the eastbound single lane.
- Drivers on the north and southbound frontage roads will be able to turn left and right to access University Parks Drive. Drivers coming north on Dutton will only be able to turn right on University Parks Drive. Please use caution when traveling through these areas.
The traffic pattern change impacts exits from the Robinson Tower parking lot. Because of the high traffic volume on that single eastbound lane, please consider alternate routes to campus or to access I-35 during this time.
At peak times of day (8 a.m., noon and 5 p.m.), the back gate to the tower parking lot at Clay Avenue and University Parks Drive remains an option for entering and exiting Robinson Tower.
- Check real-time traffic conditions ahead of time at http://waco4bmap.org - part of the BE SAFE BE SEEN initiative - to help you plan and safely navigate routes through the construction zone, whether by car, bike or on foot.
- Follow @TxDOTWacoPIO on Twitter for up-to-date lane closure and construction information.
- Visit www.My35.org/Waco to view materials online and sign up for lane closure notifications via text or email.
- Email My35Waco@txdot.gov to subscribe for general project updates via text or email.
- Call or text 254-313-WACO (9226) to speak with a construction team member.
Please slow down, stay alert and follow all signage through the work zones.
ABOUT BAYLOR UNIVERSITYBaylor University is a private Christian University and a nationally ranked research institution. The University provides a vibrant campus community for more than 17,000 students by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continually operating University in Texas. Located in Waco, Baylor welcomes students from all 50 states and more than 90 countries to study a broad range of degrees among its 12 nationally recognized academic divisions.