Portion of University Parks Drive to Close Overnight
WACO, Texas (Sept. 23, 2019) – Construction crews will close a small portion of University Parks Drive near the southbound I-35 frontage road beginning as early as 7 p.m. tonight (Monday, Sept. 23) through 6 a.m., possibly over the next two nights. The closure will impact Robinson Tower during the overnight hours, but the tower parking lot entrance/exit will still be accessible.
Additional overnight work will take place on the I-35 mainlane bridges at North Loop 340.
Overnight Work at South University Parks Drive
Crews will be working on South University Parks Drive requiring overnight closures near the southbound I-35 frontage road.
- Beginning tonight (Monday, Sept. 23) , South University Parks Drive will be closed from the southbound I-35 frontage road to the first cross-street to the west (Ross Avenue) nightly, for approximately two nights.
- Southbound I-35 frontage road traffic will still be able to turn right onto South University Parks Drive or go straight across South University Parks Drive.
- Eastbound and westbound traffic on South University Parks Drive AND the southbound I-35 frontage road will be able to access businesses in that area using Ross Avenue or 2nd Street.
- Traffic on the northbound I-35 frontage road will not be affected by this closure.
To access the tower during the closure hours, take University Parks Drive from downtown Waco and turn left into the parking lot OR use the southbound frontage road accessible from MLK Jr. Blvd., take the protected right turn on to University Parks Drive and turn right into the tower parking lot.
To leave the building, traffic will not be able to turn left from the parking lot on to University Parks Drive. Traffic will need to turn right and take an alternate route back to campus.
Overnight Work at North Loop 340
Crews will be working on the I-35 mainlane bridges requiring overnight closures of North Loop 340 at I-35.
- Beginning as early as tonight, the westbound lanes of N Loop 340 under I-35 will be closed nightly for approximately one week.
- Through traffic will need to use turnaround lanes at Pecan Avenue or Meyers Lane.
- Mainlanes may be reduced to two lanes intermittently to accommodate this work.
Overnight Work Hours
- Monday – Thursday from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Saturday from 7 p.m. to 10 a.m.
- Sunday from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Delays are expected to occur during this work.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO: Plan your travel and check real-time traffic maps on I-35 through Waco by visiting www.waco4bmap.org and follow @TxDOTWacoPIO on Twitter for up-to-date lane closure and construction information. Sign up for TxDOT email and text alerts at www.my35.org/Waco.