I-35 Update: Upcoming Construction Activities
WACO, Texas (Sept. 6, 2019) – From the Texas Department of Transportation: Below are highlights of upcoming construction activities, which may include additional intermittent lane closures to accommodate this work as well as travel delays. TxDOT is sharing estimated timelines to give you notice but schedules are often adjusted or changed based on work progress and field conditions.
Overnight Work at N Loop 340 Continues
- As work progresses, occasional overnight closures will continue to occur on the lanes of N Loop 340 passing under I-35 for approximately 3 months
- Traffic will need to use turnaround lanes at Behrens Circle or Meyers Lane to cross I-35
I-35 Mainlane Traffic Shift to Northbound Side
Sept. 7, 2019
- Beginning as early as Saturday, southbound traffic will be shifted to the northbound side of the interstate from S University Parks Drive to the 17th and 18th Streets interchange
- There will be two lanes of traffic in each direction with occasional closures on the I-35 mainlanes
- Occurring with the traffic shift, crews will close the entrance ramp on the southbound I-35 frontage road immediately south of S University Parks Drive
- This traffic configuration is anticipated to last approximately one year as crews reconstruct the southbound mainlanes
Sept. 8, 2019
- Beginning as early as Sunday, crews will reopen the entrance ramp on the southbound I-35 frontage road immediately south of 5th Street
- US 84 Traffic Shift from I-35 Interchange to Bellmead Drive
US 84 Traffic Shift from I-35 Interchange to Bellmead Drive
Sept. 8, 2019
- Beginning as early as Sunday, crews will shift all US 84 (Waco Drive) traffic onto the westbound lanes for approximately four month
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction
Overnight Work at 4th and 5th Streets
Sept. 10, 2019
- Beginning as early as Tuesday, 4th and 5th Streets will be closed at I-35 to all vehicle and pedestrian traffic for up to two nights
- Traffic will need to use the S University Parks Drive or 17th and 18th Streets interchanges to cross I-35
- As work progresses there will be additional lane closures over the next three months
Overnight Work Hours
Mon. – Thur. from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Sat. from 7 p.m. to 10 a.m.
Sun. from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Delays are expected to occur during this work.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO: Plan your travel and check real-time traffic maps on I-35 through Waco by visiting www.waco4bmap.org and follow @TxDOTWacoPIO on Twitter for up-to-date lane closure and construction information. Sign up for TxDOT email and text alerts at www.my35.org/Waco.
Email My35Waco@txdot.gov to subscribe for general project updates via text or email.
Call or text 254-313-WACO (9226) to speak with a construction team member.
BE ALERT & STAY WORK ZONE SAFE.