Crews to Complete 11th/12th Streets Bridge Removal This Week
WACO, Texas (July 27, 2019) - This week, crews expect to complete the removal of the 11th/12th Street bridge, which should help normalize traffic for a while within the construction zone. Beam removal will begin overnight Monday, July 29, and last through the week. Work will start at the southbound frontage road, then the south and northbound mainlanes, finishing at the northbound frontage road.
Lane closures will begin at 7 p.m., opening up by 6 a.m.
Monday, July 29, 2019
• The southbound frontage road will be closed from near 10th Street to 18th Street and through traffic will be directed onto the mainlanes at University Parks Drive and will be able to exit at 17th – 18th Streets (Exit 334).
• Local traffic may use the frontage road up to 10th Street.
Tuesday, July 30, 2019
• Beginning as soon as Tuesday night, dependent on progress, both southbound and northbound mainlanes will be closed and traffic will be directed to the frontage roads.
• Southbound mainlanes will be closed from 8th Street to 17th – 18th Streets.
• Northbound mainlanes will be closed from 18th – 17th Streets to 5th – 4th Streets.
- o The northbound 18th – 17th Streets entrance ramp will be closed along with the northbound 8th Street exit ramp.
• During mainlane closures, traffic signals at 17th – 18th Streets will be flashing, and the following cross streets will be closed to all through traffic underneath I-35: 18th, 17th, 5th and 4th Streets.
Wednesday, July 31, 2019
• Beginning as soon as Wednesday night, dependent on progress, the northbound frontage road will be closed from near Park Avenue to north of 12th Street, and through traffic will be directed onto the mainlanes at New Road.
• Local traffic may use the frontage road up to Park Avenue.
• The exit ramp at 8th Street will be closed; drivers will need to exit at University Parks Drive.
Follow @TxDOTWacoPIO on Twitter for up-to-date lane closure and construction information.
Use the real-time website https://waco4bmap.org – part of the BE SAFE BE SEEN initiative – to help plan and safely navigate routes through the construction zone, whether by car, bike or on foot.
Visit www.my35.org/Waco to view materials online and sign up for lane closure notifications.
Email My35Waco@txdot.gov to subscribe for general project updates via text or email.
Call or text 254-313-WACO (9226) to speak with a construction team member.
BE ALERT & STAY WORK ZONE SAFE.
ABOUT BAYLOR UNIVERSITY
Baylor University is a private Christian University and a nationally ranked research institution. The University provides a vibrant campus community for more than 17,000 students by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continually operating University in Texas. Located in Waco, Baylor welcomes students from all 50 states and more than 90 countries to study a broad range of degrees among its 12 nationally recognized academic divisions.